CREAMY COCONUT LIME CHICKEN — Chicken breasts are simmered in a slightly spicy coconut milk based sauce in this quick and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
There’s nothing I love more than an easy weeknight chicken dinner recipe, and this Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken is a flavorful new favorite at my house!
My kids and I are big fans of coconut milk based curry dishes, so I was pretty sure this would be a hit. I was not disappointed. And since it’s not actually a curry dish, my husband loved it too!
The creamy sauce gets a kick from red pepper flakes and a splash of lime juice, and if we’re being honest, the sauce is my favorite thing about this dish.
You’ll definitely want to serve this dish with a side of your favorite rice or some homemade Indian Naan Bread. Either one is a perfect accompaniment to the tender chicken and creamy, delicious sauce! Did I mention the sauce was my favorite part?
Best of all, this chicken is so quick and easy to get on the table. The hardest part is remembering to thaw your chicken breasts ahead of time. At least it is for me……
But once that’s done, you can have this chicken ready to go in less than 30 minutes, which makes it perfect for those crazy busy weeknights when you still want to serve a home cooked meal.
I added a diced red pepper to the recipe, but there’s not reason you couldn’t add even more veggies for a complete meal. Diced carrots, jalapeno (if you like even more spice), broccoli and mushrooms would all be wonderful additions.
We loved this Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken so much, I’ve started stocking coconut milk in my pantry so I can whip it up at a moments notice. If you’re looking for a flavorful, exciting new way to serve chicken, you’ve got to give this recipe a try ASAP!
Be sure to save this Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken
- Olive oil
- Spices: salt and pepper, red chili flakes, turmeric
- Produce: onion, garlic, red pepper, limes, fresh cilantro
- Chicken stock
- Coconut milk
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (13.6 oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, until golden brown and mostly cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock and cornstarch. Add to the skillet, along with the red chili flakes and turmeric. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cream, then return the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 453 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 126mg Sodium: 211mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 41g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Tender pieces of chicken, marinated then cooked in a creamy tomato based sauce with Indian spices.Get the Recipe
Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken
Chicken is marinated in Greek yogurt and tandoori spices, then skewered and grilled to perfection in this simple, east to make meal.Get the Recipe
Grilled Chicken Caesar Flatbreads
Savory grilled chicken and Caesar salad are served up in warm flatbread in this light and easy dinner.Get the Recipe
Chicken with Rosemary Butter Sauce
Sauteed chicken breasts smothered in a creamy rosemary butter sauce. Ready in 20 minutes or less!Get the Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
This coconut milk based chicken curry simmers all day in the slow cooker for an easy, flavorful dinner. Serve with your favorite toppings!Get the Recipe
Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
This easy chicken dish, with a creamy mustard sauce, is on the table in about 20 minutes!Get the Recipe
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from A Saucy Kitchen