CHEESY WHITE CHICKEN SPAGHETTI — Baked spaghetti in a cheesy, creamy sauce with peppers, mushrooms and chunks of tender chicken. A family favorite!
If there’s one thing that’s always true at my house, it’s that you can’t go wrong with a cheesy baked pasta dish like this Cheesy White Chicken Spaghetti.
My hoard of hungry teenage boys loves this meal. Some of them pick out the mushrooms, but my husband and I love them, so I don’t like to leave them out.
Served up with some crusty garlic bread and a green salad, this is a dinner that’s sure to leave everyone feeling satisfied. It’s also great for taking along to potlucks, or bringing in to a friend whose recently had a hospital stay.
This definitely isn’t a low-calorie meal, with all that cream and cheese, but it’s totally worth the indulgence.
Plus, it’s so easy to make adaptations to use up whatever kind of pasta or vegetables you have on hand. Fresh spinach is a great addition or substitution. You could even throw in some frozen peas before popping this casserole in the oven.
This is one of those meals that’s in our regular dinner rotation. Honestly, I think everyone needs a great baked spaghetti recipe in their repertoire.
This is especially nice to serve on chilly evenings when you’re craving comfort food. And if you ask me, it nice enough to serve for company. Although if you’re not feeding a crowd, you can easily half the recipe.
Or divide it between two 9-inch baking dishes and freeze half for later. It’s always good to have a meal on hand in the freezer for crazy weeknights.
This Cheesy White Chicken Spaghetti is always a hit at my house. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Cheesy White Chicken Spaghetti recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheesy White Chicken Spaghetti
- Vegetable oil
- Produce: onions, garlic, red pepper, mushrooms, fresh parsley
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
- Cream cheese
- White cheddar cheese
- Spices: cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces processed cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and red pepper and saute until just tender, 5-6 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the heavy cream, milk, broth, cream cheese, one cup of the white cheddar cheese and the Velveeta. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook and stir until the cheese are melted and the sauce is smooth. Stir in the spaghetti and chicken and mix well. Stir in the cayenne pepper.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan. Top with the remaining 1 cup white cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 637mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from the Magnolia Table Cookbook