BEST EVER PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD — Of all the pumpkin bread recipes I’ve tried, this one is my favorite! Great pumpkin flavor and loaded with mini chocolate chips, it’s always a hit.
I’ve tried a lot of pumpkin bread recipes over the years and this one never fails me. That’s why I call it the Best Ever Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.
It just doesn’t seem like fall around here until I whip up a batch of my family’s favorite pumpkin bread. I love how it fills the house with the aroma of cinnamon and spices.
I like make this bread mini loaf pans, but you can certainly make 2-3 larger loaves, as stated in the recipe. The batter makes great muffins too. Just be sure to decrease the baking time to 20-25 minutes for muffins and 35-40 for mini loaves.
I prefer using mini chocolate chips if I have them handy, but of course regular chocolate chips will work too. Some people like to put raisins in their pumpkin bread, but why would you do that if there was chocolate available?
And I’ve successfully replace the oil with unsweetened applesauce. I’ve also been known to throw in an over-ripe banana. This bread always comes out moist and flavorful, even with those minor adjustments.
This does make a lot of bread, but it freezes well. And I’m sure your friends wouldn’t mind if you shared. None of my friends have minded one bit!
You really should add this recipe for the Best Ever Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread to your fall baking line-up. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Be sure to save this recipe for the Best Ever Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Best Ever Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Canned pumpkin
- Vegetable oil
- Baking soda
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, salt
- Mini chocolate chips
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour three loaf pans, or about 8 mini loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pans. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com