CHEDDAR CHIVE CORN MUFFINS — These homemade cornbread muffins are loaded with cheddar cheese and chives, and are wonderful for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacking!
I love cornbread in almost any form, but these Cheddar Chive Corn Muffins are probably my favorite way to make and serve cornbread.
I adapted this recipe from Snoop Doggs cookbook. That’s right, Snoop Dogg has a cookbook. And aside from the delicious recipes, the commentary is pretty entertaining.
His recipe was for basic corn muffins, but the looked so perfect, I decided to try them with a few extra additions–cheddar and chives–for even more flavor.
Needless to say, I was not disappointed. These corn muffins came out beautifully! I’m sure the plain version would have been wonderful too, but the addition of cheese and chives was definitely a winning idea.
My family doesn’t always appreciate cornbread the way I do, but even they agreed these muffins were pretty darn good.
These are also the perfect side to go with your favorite game day chili or hearty soup. They make pretty great late night snacks too–trust me, I’ve tested these muffins at all hours of the day and night, and they’re always delicious.
And honestly, they don’t take much more work than opening a box of corn muffin mix, and they flavor and texture is definitely better. If you make more than you can eat, they also freeze well.
Especially warm from the oven, slathered with butter. I really do love these with cheddar cheese, but just about any kind of grated cheese would work. Pepper Jack is a great choice for adding a little extra heat.
These Cheddar Chive Corn Muffins will definitely be making a regular appearance on my table. Hope you love them as much as we did. And you can thank Snoop Dogg for the recipe inspiration!
Be sure to save this recipe for Cheddar Chive Corn Muffins to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheddar Chive Corn Muffins
- Baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- Baking soda
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Fresh chives
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs, then stir in the milk, sour cream, cheese and chives.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet. Beat at low speed until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from From Crook to Cook by Snoop Dogg