DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD — This decadent chocolate bread is studded with chocolate chips and loaded with fresh zucchini. The best zucchini bread you’ll ever make!
I don’t know about you, but the only way I can feed my family zucchini is hidden in baked goods. And this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is my absolute favorite way to deliver zucchini incognito.
My husband loathes zucchini, even in baked goods. And he couldn’t get enough of this decadent, chocolate chip studded bread.
Between him and my hungry teenagers, I barely got a piece for myself!
I made this over the weekend and let me just say…..definitely a keeper recipe! It was so delicious, I will absolutely be making this again! ~ Natalie
The bread is so moist and full of chocolate flavor, it’s hard to imagine enjoying a chocolate loaf without zucchini. Yes, there are four cups of zucchini in this recipe. It may seem like a lot, but trust me, it’s just perfect.
You can put all of the chocolate chips into the batter, but I like to keep some for sprinkling on top. And it goes without saying that extra chocolate chips are always a good thing!
This also makes great muffins and mini loaves, just be sure to adjust your baking time accordingly.
I just made this bread. The batter filled a pampered chef 4-mini loaf pan stoneware pan. I just have to say….I think I’m going to eat all four mini loaves right now as I burn myself eating them because they are sooooo good!!! ~ Linda
If you’ve got an overabundance of zucchini in your garden–or your neighbors are trying to give you their extra zucchini, then this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is the recipe for you!
If you ask me, it’s about the best thing you can do with zucchini!
Be sure to save this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Choosing and Storing Zucchini
Appearance: Look for skin should be dark green, smooth and free of blemishes. In addition, the skin should be slightly prickly and shiny. A moist stem end is also a good indicator of freshness.
Size: Look for zucchini that’s not too big (about 6 to 8-inches long) and still relatively thin. The zucchini should feel heavy for its size.
Storing: Don’t wash or cut zucchini until you’re ready to use it. Keep it in a perforated or loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator crisper drawer for up to one week.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
- 4 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8×4 inch loaf pans, or one 9×5 pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine sugars, eggs, melted butter and vanilla
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in grated zucchini and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared loaf pans and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top
- Bake for 40-60 minutes (depending on size) or until an inserted knife comes out clean. If necessary, cover with foil during the last 10-15 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Zucchini Banana Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This moist and delicious snack cake is loaded with bananas and zucchini, and topped off with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Your Cup of Cake.