EASY POPPY SEED CAKE — This easy bundt cake recipe starts with a yellow cake mix. The addition of instant pudding, poppy seeds and almond extract make it extra special.
If you’re looking for a dessert that’s perfect for almost any occasion, look no further than this Easy Poppy Seed Cake!
I’ve been enjoying this bundt cake for years–every since my mom got it from a friend at church–so I can definitely tell you that this is a recipe that stands the test of time.
Probably because it’s both easy, and delicious! This is one of those fabulous cake mix recipes, where you add a few extra goodies to a plain old cake mix and end up with something amazingly delicious.
I honestly can’t believe it took me so long to share the recipe with you!
If you’ve ever had a giant Costco poppy seed muffin, you have some idea of what this cake tastes like. Like I said, delicious!
This cake is especially great as a spring or summer dessert when served with homemade whipped cream and fresh berries. But it’s totally delicious on it’s own, thanks to the delicious almond glaze.
And thanks to the addition of instant pudding mix, this cake is super moist–just the way a cake should be.
If you’re looking for an easy but impressive dessert to serve to friends and family, this Easy Poppy Seed Cake is for you!
Be sure to save this Easy Poppy Seed Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Poppy Seed Cake
- Yellow cake mix
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Almond extract
- Poppy seeds
- Canola oil
- Powdered sugar
For the cake
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup oil
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Mix all ingredients for cake together in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together ingredients for glaze in a small bowl. Spoon glaze over cooled cake.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This recipe was passed on to my mom from a church friend years ago.