EASY ROCKY ROAD PEANUT CLUSTERS — Four simple ingredients is all you need to make this simple chocolate, nut and marshmallow candy.
If you ask my kids what my favorite flavor of ice cream is, they will respond without hesitation, “Rocky Road.” So it’s no wonder I loved these Easy Rocky Road Peanut Clusters!
First of all, I can’t resist anything that involves marshmallows and chocolate. And I love all things sweet and salty, so when you toss some lightly salted peanuts into the mix, I’m a goner.
But the best part of all is that these peanut clusters were so unbelievably easy to make! In fact, I think next time I’ll have my boys mix up a batch!
One thing to be aware of, this is a soft chocolate coating, like a fudge. Not a hard chocolate, like a bark. The consistency comes from the sweetened condensed milk.
The flavor and texture are what you might expect from a Rocky Road fudge–creamy and delicious! And did I mention, so easy?
These chocolate and peanut confections only take about ten minutes to make (not counting a few minutes in the refrigerator to set).
Which makes them a perfect last minute addition to your holiday candy making. These are also a great treat for kids to help make!
I like to keep the ingredients handy for these Rocky Road Peanut Clusters handy at all times, not just during the holiday season. You need to be prepared for those late-night chocolate cravings to strike!
And yes, you can definitely use other nuts in place of the peanuts, although you may need to coarsely chop them.
Cashews are another favorite of mine, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Be sure to save this Easy Rocky Road Peanut Clusters recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Rocky Road Peanut Clusters
- Chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk on high power for 1 minute; stir. If needed, continue to microwave at 15 seconds intervals until chocolate is just melted and smooth. (You don't want your chocolate to be too hot, or the marshmallows will melt!).
- Stir in the peanuts, followed by the marshmallows. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Nestle
Last Updated on 2019-03-23 by Danelle