FROZEN RASPBERRY OREO DESSERT — This frozen dessert combines the flavors of raspberry, chocolate and vanilla in a layered ice cream treat everyone will rave about!
It’s the middle of summer, which means there is no way I’m turning on my oven to make baked goods! I will, however, make up a pan of this Frozen Raspberry Oreo Dessert any day, rain or shine.
If you’re a fan of Oreos, or raspberries, or ice cream, or delicious desserts in general, you’re going to love this cool, creamy layered ice cream creation.
It starts with an Oreo crumb crust. Then you add layers of vanilla ice cream and raspberry sherbet, and throw in some raspberries for good measure.
Then top it all off with whipped cream and more Oreo crumbs. To say my family devoured this would be an understatement.
It really is the perfect summer dessert, and I think it’s going to become a family tradition at our house.
Obviously there are all kinds of ways you could take this recipe idea and run with it. From using different combinations of ice cream and fruit (or no fruit at all), to changing up the Oreo crust for a graham cracker, vanilla wafer, or even gingersnap version.
The possibilities are endless. It’s pretty hard to go wrong when combining cookies, ice cream and whipped cream, as far as I’m concerned.
And the best part is, this ice cream dessert is so easy to make, and doesn’t heat up your kitchen in the process. I have a summer birthday, and I would absolutely love this as a birthday cake!
No candles though! I’d need enough that I’m afraid all that heat would melt the ice cream.
But no matter where or when you serve this dessert this summer, it’s going to be a hit with people of all ages!
Be sure to save this Frozen Raspberry Oreo Dessert recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Frozen Raspberry Oreo Dessert
- Fudge sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
- Raspberry sherbet
- Frozen raspberries
- Cool Whip
Frozen Raspberry Oreo Dessert
This frozen dessert combines the flavors of raspberry, chocolate and vanilla in a layered ice cream treat everyone will rave about!
- 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate fudge sauce, softened
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, softened
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen raspberries
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs and butter. Reserve 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumbs into a 9 x 13-inch pan to make crust. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Spread chocolate fudge sauce evenly over crust. Spoon vanilla ice cream over chocolate. Place spoonfuls of sherbet randomly over ice cream and swirl gently into ice cream. Top with raspberries, pressing them gently into sherbet. Spread whipped topping evenly over top of ice cream. Top with reserved Oreo crumbs.
- Cover and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Frozen Raspberry Cheesecake
Chocolate Raspberry Dream Bars
Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Betty Crocker
Carissa Nelson | Spoonful of Easy
This looks amazing — I love that you’ve combined sherbert and ice cream — genius! I would love this as by birthday cake ~ go my route and do one candle for every decade and call it good :). Can’t wait to try it!
Thank you! I’d take it as a birthday cake too!