MINI QUICHE BITES — Beaten eggs, crispy bacon and cheese are baked into premade phyllo shells in these delicious bite-sized quiches that are perfect for breakfast, brunch, and even snacking.
Thanks to premade phyllo shells, these little bacon and egg cups come together in just a few minutes, and bake up in less than 15 minutes total!
If you’ve never used the frozen phyllo dough cups, they are such a great time saver in the kitchen, and work with both sweet and savory fillings. Definitely one of my favorite kitchen shortcuts.
I usually find them in the freezer section of the grocery store, near the puff pastry and frozen pie crusts.
If your local supermarket doesn’t carry them, you can cut regular phyllo dough into small squares and bake it in mini muffin tins before adding your quiche filling.
Sausage is a great substitution for the bacon, and you can obviously change up the kind of cheese you use. For a vegetarian version, skip the bacon and add some finely diced bell peppers instead.
These mini quiches can be served warm, straight from the oven, but also taste delicious at room temperature. I’ve served them for breakfast, brunch and even in the evening as an appetizer.
These little egg cups are just so versatile and easy, this is really a recipe that should be in everyone’s collection. They can even be made ahead. Once they’ve been cooked, you can pop them in the freezer and simply reheat them in the oven when you’re ready to serve them.
No matter what the occasion, these Mini Quiche Bites are popular with both kids and adults, and always disappear quickly no matter where or when I serve them.
Be sure to save this recipe for Mini Quiche Bites to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Mini Quiche Bites
- Premade phyllo shells
- Heavy cream
- Shredded cheese
- Spices: paprika, salt and pepper
- 30 premade phyllo cups (2 packages)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- 3 pieces bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 tablespoons freshly chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange phyllo shells on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Stir in cheese, flour, salt and pepper, paprika, bacon and 1 tablespoon of chives.
- Spoon the mixture into the phyllo cups, filling almost to the top. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until eggs are set and slightly puffy.
- Garnish with additional chopped chives, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling