PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH TRUFFLES — A creamy, crunchy peanut butter filling is dipped in chocolate to create these easy but decadent truffles.
I have several peanut butter and chocolate fans at my house–myself included–and these Peanut Butter Crunch Truffles were a big hit.
I always know I have a winner when a dessert disappears in less than 24 hours, and these tasty treats disappeared in record time!
My favorite part about these truffles, besides the chocolate, is the the crispy peanut butter center. The secret ingredient is crispy rice cereal, which gives these treats an awesome, crunchy texture.
If you like a lot of crunch, you can also use crunchy peanut butter. Since I most often have smooth peanut butter handy, that’s what I use in this recipe.
This is a super easy recipe that’s great for kids to make, or help with. There are no knives or hot ovens to worry about, which makes this recipe perfect for young chefs.
Of course, you may want to supervise the chocolate dipping, since that can get a little messy, even when adults are doing the dipping!
If you like to share homemade food gifts with your neighbors during the holiday season, these are a welcome addition to any cookie tray. Even better, they freeze well, so they can be made ahead of time.
You can either freeze the balls of peanut butter filling and dip them in chocolate later, or you can freeze the finished truffles too. I find that sticking them in the freezer keeps me from eating them all at once!
Of course, this is such an easy recipe, you shouldn’t just make it during the holidays. This is a candy you should be making year round!
If you’re a chocolate and peanut butter lover like I am, you need to make these truffles as soon as possible! Be sure and share with friends so you don’t eat them all yourself.
I used Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers and a small cookie scoop to form my truffles
Be sure to save this recipe for Peanut Butter Crunch Truffles to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Peanut Butter Crunch Truffles
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Crispy rice cereal
- Dipping chocolate
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal, divided
- 16 ounces dipping chocolate
- With an electric mixer, beat peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Mix in salt, then gradually mix in powdered sugar until mixture is smooth and easy to handle. Stir in 2 cups of crispy rice cereal.
- Shape peanut butter mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power, stirring often, until smooth. Crush remaining 1/4 cup of crispy rice cereal.
- Dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate and return to a wax paper lined baking sheet. Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle each truffle with some of the crushed cereal. Store truffles in an airtight container.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Mom on Timeout