EASY PULL APART GARLIC BREAD — Frozen bread dough transforms into a buttery, savory loaf of garlic bread in this super easy recipe. Double the recipe–it disappears fast!
If you want to bake up a loaf of delicious savory bread that looks and tastes homemade, then you’ve got to try this recipe for Easy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread.
It starts with a loaf of frozen bread dough–or two, because this stuff disappears so quickly at my house, I always double the recipe.
Of course I love to bake bread from scratch when I have time (which is almost never), but frozen dough is one of my favorite kitchen shortcuts. It’s right up there with a supermarket rotisserie chicken.
Just be sure to leave enough time for your dough to thaw, and then to rise. It’s not hard to do, but it does require some patience. Other than that, this garlic bread required almost no effort and all.
Did I mention how fast it disappears? I don’t think my family has ever finished anything off so quickly! Five of us consumed two entire loaves in less than 24 hours!
For this recipe I used a combination of butter, garlic salt and Italian seasoning, plus some grated Parmesan cheese on top. But once you have the technique down–which will take about two minutes–the possibilities are endless.
Don’t just limit yourself to savory variations of this recipe either. I’m already dreaming about how I can do a cinnamon and sugar version, or something with Nutella spread!
My biggest tip: Cut and fill each “slice” of bread one at a time, rather than cutting all your slices, then filling. The dough comes back together quickly, so if you don’t fill those crevices right away, it becomes a little difficult.
Not only does this bread taste amazing, it looks really impressive too. In fact, I most recently served it for Thanksgiving dinner. It’s that fancy, but oh so easy to make!
Do yourself a favor and try this Easy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread as soon as possible. It’s destined to become a favorite in your recipe collection.
Be sure to save this Easy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread
- Frozen bread dough
- Spices: garlic salt, Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf Rhodes frozen bread dough
- 1/2 cup butter, very soft
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Lightly grease a non-stick loaf pan. Place frozen dough in pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for about 3 hours, or until mostly thawed.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Using a pair of kitchen sheers, start at one end and cut a 1-inch wide slit into the dough, stopping about an inch from the bottom of the pan. Immediately fill the slit with about a teaspoon of the butter mixture.
- Continue making slits, one inch apart, and filling with butter mixture, until you reach the end of the loaf. Spread any remaining butter mixture over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Allow to rise for another 90 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bread is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe