PEPPERONI PIZZA PULL-APART BREAD — A crusty loaf of bread is stuffed with cheese and pepperoni, then sprinkled with herbs and Parmesan cheese, and baked until toasty and golden. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
The Super Bowl is right around the corner, and this Pepperoni Pizza Pull-Apart Bread is sure to be a hit with everyone at your party, kids and grown-ups alike.
My family absolutely devoured it! In fact, they love it so much, sometimes I make it for dinner with a green salad and I never have leftovers, or complaints about what’s for dinner.
I love that this pizza bread is so easy to put together, and my kids love helping me stuff all the pizza toppings into the bread. Just make sure when you’re making your cuts, you don’t quite go all the way through your loaf.
You want the bread to be stuffable, but still all in one piece. If you do accidentally lop of a bit of bread, just wrap it up in the foil with everything else.
We tend to stick to a pepperoni only version of this bread (to appease any picky eaters) but the possibilities for other pizza “stuffings” are endless.
Cooked Italian sausage is fabulous, as are mushrooms, peppers and olives. I find it works best to saute any vegetables beforehand. You could even make a plain old cheese version of this recipe for your vegetarian friends.
Don’t be shy about shoving the toppings down into the cut bread–you can fit a lot more in there than you think! If you have a fairly sturdy loaf of bread, it shouldn’t be a problem.
If you can find the mini pepperonis, they work great in this recipe. Don’t forget to serve your pizza bread with some warm marinara on the side for dipping.
Be sure to save this Pepperoni Pizza Pull-Apart Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pepperoni Pizza Pull-Apart Bread
- Round, crusty bread
- Provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Spices: garlic salt, Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- 1 loaf of round, crusty bread, such as sourdough
- 16 ounces sliced Provolone or mozzarella cheese, cut into squares
- 3-4 ounces pepperoni, halved (or mini pepperoni)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Warm marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the bread in a cross-wise pattern, without cutting through the bottom crust.
- Place the bread on large piece of foil (enough to wrap the entire loaf). Insert cheese slices and pepperoni between the cuts.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. Brush over stuffed bread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Wrap bread completely in foil and bake for 15 minutes. Unwrap the bread and bake 5-10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Last Updated on 2020-01-25 by Danelle