SOUTHWEST ROASTED POTATOES — Diced potatoes are tossed with southwest spices like cayenne and cumin, then roasted until tender. Garnished with a sprinkling of cilantro, these potatoes are a unique side dish for any Tex-Mex meal.
We have local taco shop that offers Tex-Mex style potatoes as a side dish. My family loves them so much, I knew I had to try making Southwest Roasted Potatoes at home.
But these spicy seasoned potatoes are a great way to change things up. And honestly, it’s hard to go wrong serving potatoes, at least at my house!
And not only are these potatoes perfectly seasoned and delicious, they’re super easy to make! The potatoes that the local taco shop serves are also roasted with onions and green peppers, which would be great additions to this recipe too.
And honestly, you don’t need to be serving Mexican food to serve these potatoes. They’re also a great accompaniment to almost any kind of grilled steak or chicken.
My husband and boys, who are big fans of spicy food, loved this unique twist on our usual roasted potatoes. And if you don’t like things too spicy, you can easily cut back on the chili powder and cayenne to suit your tastes. Or add even more cayenne if you like things really spicy!
If you’re looking for a unique and tasty new way to serve roasted potatoes, these Southwest Roasted Potatoes are a must try!
Be sure to save this recipe for Southwest Roasted Potatoes to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Southwest Roasted Potatoes
- Produce: potatoes, fresh cilantro
- Olive oil
- Spices: chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet with one tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Add 1-2 tablespoons more olive oil, along with chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne and salt and pepper. Toss well to coat potatoes in oil and seasonings.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes (depending on size of potato pieces), turning once halfway through cooking. Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 82mg Carbohydrates: 48g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice