ULTIMATE GARLIC BREAD — French bread is smothered in seasoned garlic butter, then sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese and toasted to perfection. The perfect side for almost any meal!
I make this Ultimate Garlic Bread several times a week at my house. It’s safe to say it’s a dinner time staple around here.
In fact, when some of my kids were younger, pickier eaters, I’m pretty sure there were nights when this garlic bread was the only thing they ate for dinner.
After serving so much garlic bread, I’ve definitely come up with my favorite way to make it, which includes plenty of butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. I always finish my garlic bread off with a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley too!
The best thing about garlic bread, of course, is that it’s so easy to make, and everyone loves it. Full of flavor, crispy on the outside and soft an chewy on the inside. What’s not to love about that?
I realize you could prob ably figure out how to whip up a loaf of garlic bread without a recipe, but here’s a handy tip for you.
Mix up a double batch of the butter and seasoning mixture and keep it in your refrigerator (for up to a week). Then when you’re ready for some garlic bread, most of the prep work is already done.
It’s a great way to save a few minutes on a busy weeknight. I don’t know about you, but when I’m making dinner for a houseful of hungry boys, I’m happy to save any time I can in the kitchen–because those boys eat faster than I can cook!
Next time you’re wondering what to serve with your main course, chances are garlic bread is the answer. And when it comes to making the ultimate garlic bread, you won’t find a simpler, better tasting recipe than this one.
Be sure to save this recipe for Ultimate Garlic Bread to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Ultimate Garlic Bread
- French or Italian bread
- Spices: garlic salt, Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 1/2 cup butter, very soft
- 3/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice bread in half lengthwise and place both halves on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Spread desired amount of butter mixture over the cut side of the bread halves.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil. Broil bread for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and cut into slices to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 418mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.