WHITE BEAN SAUSAGE CHILI — Pork sausage and white beans in a seasoned broth, finished off with both cream and sour cream for a delicious, hearty chili the whole family will love.
Our family recently attended a church potluck, and when I tried this White Bean Sausage Chili, I knew I had to find out who brought it and get their recipe.
Luckily, I was able to track down the person who brought this delicious chili to our church function and she was happy to share her recipe.
Excellent chili! I would give it ten stars! ~ Erma
She says it’s a favorite family recipe, and I can see why. It’s becoming a family favorite at our house too!
And like so many recipes you’ll come across at church potlucks, it’s a simple but flavorful dish that’s budget friendly and easy to prepare. What’s not to love about that?
This chili has a hint of spice from the green chilies and cayenne, and it’s just the perfect amount. I definitely recommend looking for the mild pork sausage.
If not, ground beef is a great substitute. In fact, when I first tried this chili, I thought it was made with ground beef, and I loved it!
I didn’t realize it was ground pork until I got the recipe from my friend. I’m a big fan of spicy sausage, but for this recipe, the mild stuff really does work better.
Sooo good! I kicked up the heat a bit with jalapenos and some hot chili powder. Great for a cool day! So delish! ~ Janet
If you want to lighten things up, you can certainly use light sour cream, and half and half rather than heavy cream. It’s not a super thick chili, so those substitutions will be fine.
I like to finish this off with a sprinkling of fresh parsley or cilantro. And my boys like to stir in a big handful of cheese. However you serve it, this chili is sure to become a favorite in your family too!
Be sure to save this Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make White Bean Sausage Chili
- Mild pork sausage
- Produce: onions, garlic
- Canned Great Northern beas
- Chicken broth
- Canned diced green chilies
- Spices: salt and pepper, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- 1 pound mild pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large Dutch oven, brown the pork with the onion and garlic. Drain fat.
- Add the beans, chicken broth, green chilies and seasonings to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and heavy cream. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed, before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: My friend, Janelle
Last Updated on 2019-10-07 by Danelle