ROTEL CHICKEN SPAGHETTI — Spaghetti gets a spicy kick with the addition of cheese and diced tomatoes and green chilies!
This is one of the first recipes I shared here at Let’s Dish, and let me tell you, it was high time for a new photo and a few recipe tweaks. This Rotel Chicken Spaghetti is seriously yummy comfort food. Think macaroni and cheese with a bit of a spicy kick!
Loved this recipe. It was fast simple and my family loved it. Thanks for all the good recipes! ~ Melissa
But even though I first shared this crowd-pleasing pasta dish back in 2010, it’s still one of the most popular recipes on the blog. Which goes to show you how good it is!
Even better, it’s so easy, even my kids can make it! I always keep the ingredients on hand because it’s such a great meal for busy week nights.
I try to refrain from second helpings most of the time. Otherwise having a food blog would seriously affect what the bathroom scale tells me every morning, but I just couldn’t resist a second helping of this.
Normally, I’m not a huge fan of processed cheese, but trust me, this is no time to be a food snob. The whole family loved it, and so did the extra boys that were eating dinner with us when I made it.
Made this tonight and it was a huge hit…..Will definitely make again as my husband and kids gobbled it up! ~ Terri
This makes for great leftovers too. I may or may not have had two helpings the next day for lunch. It does, however, make enough to feed a small army.
So unless you’re going to a potluck or have a lot of hungry teenage boys to feed, feel free to half the recipe.
Be sure to save this Rotel Chicken Spaghetti recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
- Cream of chicken soup
- Canned diced tomatoes and green chilis
- Spices: onion powder, salt and pepper
- Velveeta cheese
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 oz.) brick Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add cubed chicken, garlic & onion powder.
- Cook over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in soup, cubed Velveeta and diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: I found this recipe over at Plain Chicken. Thanks Steph!