BAKED SPAGHETTI LASAGNA — Hearty baked spaghetti in a creamy mozzarella and ricotta base, topped with a flavorful sausage marinara sauce.
I never share a recipe here that wasn’t a success with myself or my family. But every once in awhile I make something that my family really, really loves.
This Baked Spaghetti Lasagna was one of those recipes. As my boys would say, it was epic!
As the name suggests, this dish is a cross between a creamy, cheese baked spaghetti and a hearty, meat filled lasagna. If you’re looking for a crowd pleasing dinner, this is the recipe for you!
I like to top mine off with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and some fresh basil.
I used Italian sausage in my meat sauce, but ground beef or even a combination would work great too! You could even do a vegetarian sauce.
It’s going to be amazing no matter what you add to your marinara.
I love how the spaghetti portion of this dish slices up so beautifully. It makes for a great presentation! And if you need to feed a crowd, this spaghetti lasagna will definitely do the trick.
It makes a 9 x 13 pan, but because it’s such a rich, dense dish, you can serve smaller portions and feed more people than you might expect.
Next time a need to take something to a potluck, this hearty pasta dish is what I’m bringing!
All you need is a green salad and some crusty bread on the side and you’ve got a dinner your family and friends will rave about. And the leftovers are pretty great too!
Be sure to save this Baked Spaghetti Lasagna recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Cooking Pasta
Use a big pot: Cook pasta in a large pot–big enough to hold 6 quarts of water per pound of pasta.
Salt: Generously season your cooking water with salt. A few teaspoons per quart of water is a good place to start. Although a little more or less is fine, depending on your preference.
Don’t overcook: Boil your pasta to until it is al dente, which means it’s cooked, but still a bit chewy. You’ll want to test your pasta for flavor and texture every 20 seconds or so during the last few minutes of cooking.
If you’ll continue cooking the pasta in a sauce, or baking it in the oven, remove the pot from the heat a few minutes before it’s done to prevent overcooking.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Baked Spaghetti Lasagna
- Mozzarella cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Half and Half
- Parmesan cheese
- Spices: Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Produce: garlic, onions, fresh basil
- Italian sausage
- Jarred spaghetti sauce
For the spaghetti:
- 16 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 (23.5 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spaghetti according to package directions until just tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together ricotta, sour cream, cream cheese, half-and-half, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Add cooked spaghetti and toss until well coated.
- Pour the spaghetti mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Top spaghetti with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the pasta is baking, prepare the meat sauce. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and sausage and saute until the meat is cooked through and the onion is translucent. Add spaghetti sauce, adjust for seasoning, and simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Remove the pasta from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut the pasta into squares and top each serving with the meat sauce. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 496 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 715mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 24g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Cassie Craves