NO-BAKE 15 MINUTE THIN MINTS — Make your own Thin Mint cookies at home in just 15 minutes with a few simple shortcuts!
Okay, these fabulous No-Bake 15 Minute Thin Mints might take you 20 minutes to make. Especially if you stop to eat all the unused cookie cream filling.
YUM! so simple and so good! ~ Stephanie
I’m almost afraid to put this in writing, because I truly do love Girl Scouts cookies and I want everyone to buy them, but (gasp!) some people in my family said they were even better than the originals.
I feel slightly less guilty saying that because it is November, so unless you had quite a stash of Thin Mints in your freezer (and a whole lot of willpower) it’s not a cookie that typically makes an appearance during the holiday season. Until now!
I mean, chocolate and mint is a classic holiday flavor combination. Actually, it’s a classic flavor combination any time of year.
I definitely finished off my stash of Girl Scout Cookies, including Thin Mints, quite awhile ago. So I love having a quick and easy way to satisfy my cookie cravings.
But during Girl Scout Cookie season, definitely support those girls and buy your Thin Mints from them. Think of these as emergency Thin Mint cookies.
Brilliant! So easy and still so great! ~ Natalie
One very important tip when making this recipe: use candy flavoring oils, such as LorAnn brand (rather than extracts). Extracts may cause your chocolate to seize.
I can’t say I thought of the idea for this quick and easy version of No-Bake 15 Minute Thin Mints, but it’s absolutely brilliant! I can’t wait to try the recipe with different kinds of Oreos (like golden or lemon flavor) and different coatings.
Your friends and neighbors are going to love these No-Bake 15 Minute Thin Mints. If you decide to share, that is! It really is a perfect holiday cookie.
Be sure to save this No-Bake 15 Minute Thin Mints recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make No-Bake 15 Minute Thin Mints
- Baking Sheets
- Microwave safe bowls
- Silicone Spatulas
- Offset Spatulas
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- Semisweet chocolate
- Creme de menthe flavoring
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2-3 drops crème de menthe oil flavoring (or peppermint oil flavoring)
- Carefully separate Oreos. Scrape of filling and discard (or eat).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50% power, stirring every 30-60 seconds until smooth. Alternately, you can melt chocolate in a double boiler on the stove top.
- Stir mint flavoring into melted chocolate.
- Rest a chocolate wafer on the tines of a fork and lower into the melted chocolate until completely coated.
- Tap fork on the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate wafers. Refrigerate until set.
Use candy flavoring oils (rather than extracts). Extracts may cause your chocolate to seize.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from: Top With Cinnamon