BANANA BREAD PANCAKES — If you love banana bread, then you’re going to love these pancakes, loaded with banana flavor. Top with real maple syrup for a real breakfast treat!
These Banana Bread Pancakes are the best pancakes I’ve had in a long, long time. I might even go so far as to say they’re the best pancakes I’ve had, ever!
My family was still talking about them days later. And really, they’re not any more work than your average pancake. Not to mention, a fantastic way to use overripe bananas.
These pancakes are beautiful. So light and fluffy. I always need other ways to use up my ripe bananas other than plain old banana bread. ~ Shannon
It’s like having banana bread and pancakes for breakfast, all at the same time! And banana bread pancakes and maple syrup are a match made in breakfast heaven.
When it comes to maple syrup, I recommend the real stuff. It’s totally worth the splurge! Plus, my Canadian husband wouldn’t have it any other way.
I made these yesterday for breakfast and they were so delicious! Thanks so much for the recipe! ~ Amber
If you’re lucky enough to have any leftovers, these pancakes are almost as delicious on day two! I like to keep leftovers in small zip top freezer bags so my kids can warm them up for breakfast on busy week day mornings.
If you love banana bread (and maybe even if you don’t) you are going to absolutely love these Banana Bread Pancakes.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Banana Bread Pancakes
- Wheat flour
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
- Vegetable oil
- Maple syrup, for serving
Banana Bread Pancakes
If you love banana bread, then you’re going to love these pancakes, loaded with banana flavor. Top with real maple syrup for a real breakfast treat!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 – 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup of milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients. Fold in mashed bananas. Add remaining milk, as needed, until batter reaches desired consistency.
- Heat a skillet or grill over medium heat. Using a generous 1/4 cup measure, add batter to pan and cook until bubbles form on top, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for a minute or two more. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
Keywords: banana, pancakes
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from How Sweet It Is.