HAM AND SWISS CROISSANT BAKE — This quick and easy breakfast casserole featuring croissants, ham and cheese, is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner!
If you’re planning and Easter breakfast or brunch this spring, I highly recommend this Ham Swiss Croissant Bake. It’s so easy to put together, and can be made the night before, which makes it perfect for entertaining, or a weekend breakfast for the family.
One of my favorite things about this breakfast casserole is that it uses croissants, rather than the usual cubed bread, which makes this dish extra buttery and delicious.
Loved, loved your recipe. Husband said “It’s a keeper.” And it does freeze very well. ~ Donna
It’s also got a touch of honey, which lends the perfect hint of sweetness to the ham and cheese filling.
If you don’t have half and half, cream or whole milk should be a fine substitution. And most any cheese will work in place of the Swiss.
And really, there’s no reason you can’t use an eight or nine-inch square pan instead of a pie plate.
This is also a great after Easter leftover recipe. I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for ways to use that leftover ham!
This breakfast casserole is even great as a light dinner, with a side of fruit salad. I know my kids never complain about having breakfast for dinner!
This recipe is so easy to make, even my boys can put it together. Anytime they can help me in the kitchen, it’s a win for me–especially when it’s a dish they also love to eat.
So if you’re looking for a simple, make ahead dish to serve for breakfast, brunch, Easter, or Mother’s Day, this delicious casserole is just what you need!
Be sure to save this recipe for Ham Swiss Croissant Bake to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Ham and Swiss Croissant Bake
- Swiss cheese
- Half and Half
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
- 3 large croissants
- 8 ounces chopped cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Spray a deep-dish pie plate or 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Cut croissants in half lengthwise, then tear or cut each half into 5-6 pieces. Place croissant pieces in prepared pan. Sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over croissants; press croissant pieces into egg mixture to moisten completely. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 620mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Betty Crocker
Last Updated on 2020-12-07 by Danelle