SAUSAGE AND EGG BREAKFAST PIZZAS — English muffins are dipped in beaten egg, topped with sausage, cheese and veggies, then baked until golden in this handheld breakfast that’s great for lunch and dinner too.
I’m not one to make big breakfasts, except for occasionally on weekends. Usually every just fends for themselves in the morning. So we most often have these delicious little breakfast pizzas for dinner.
Which means you have more room for all of the other delicious toppings, which of course are totally customizable to suit your tastes.
This is one of those recipes that I expected to taste good, but the first time I made it, I was blown away by how tasty it actually was. And the leftovers were just as good on day two.
In fact, I love making these for dinner, and making enough so that we can have the leftovers for breakfast the next morning.
My husband and kids couldn’t stop raving about how good these breakfast pizzas were. And honestly, they’re quick and easy enough to make on a weekday morning.
Just do some of the prep work ahead of time, like cooking the sausage, shredding the cheese, and chopping the veggies. Then you can quickly assemble everything in the morning and bake.
These Sausage and Egg Breakfast Pizzas are one of our new favorite recipes, whether we’re having them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You’re going to love them!
Be sure to save this recipe for Sausage and Egg Breakfast Pizzas to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Sausage and Egg Breakfast Pizzas
- English muffins
- Spices: cayenne, salt and pepper
- Breakfast sausage
- Red peppers
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 English muffins, separated
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain grease and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne. Dip each English muffin half in the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides, then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top each English muffin half with sausage, cheese and red peppers.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until muffins are golden and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 808mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Our Best Bites