FROZEN CRANBERRY SALAD — This fluffy pink holiday salad features fresh cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows and whipped cream.
I love this Frozen Cranberry Salad! I think my husband and kids love it even more than I do. It’s one of the easiest dishes to prepare on my Thanksgiving menu.
Seriously, the hardest thing about this cranberry salad is deciding whether to serve it as a side dish or a dessert.
I just finished making this and put it in the freezer for Thanksgiving. It was easy to make and tastes wonderful too! This is a five star recipe….tasty and easy. ~ Deb
This salad is simple, delicious and can be made ahead of time. Which is a big bonus during the busy holiday season.
The recipe makes a ton, but it’s always one of the first things to go when it makes an appearance at our holiday table. We rarely have more than a day’s worth of leftovers.
Rather than freezing, you can just chill this in the refrigerator before serving, although I find it holds up very well when frozen, even when thawed completely. Just be sure to drain the pineapple well.
If you like some extra crunch, you can also add a cup or so of chopped pecans.
Be sure to save this Frozen Cranberry Salad recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Frozen Cranberry Salad
- Fresh cranberries
- Crushed pineapple
- Miniature marshmallows
- Heavy cream
- 1 (12 oz.) bag fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 (8 oz.) cans crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 (10 oz.) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped cranberries and the sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight. With an electric mixer, whip cream until stiff.
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries and pineapple. Fold in whipped cream and marshmallows.
- Pour into a large, airtight container and freeze until ready to serve. Thaw slightly (or completely if you prefer) before serving.
Total time does not include refrigeration and freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 234 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 12mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 26g Protein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com