BACON DEVILED EGGS — Crispy bacon, green onion and a hint of cayenne pepper are added to traditional deviled eggs in this kicked up version of the classic stuffed egg appetizer.
I love deviled eggs. Love! And the crispy bacon in these Bacon Deviled Eggs only makes them better. Because, as we all know, bacon makes everything better.
These eggs are a perfect addition to a brunch buffet. They also make great appetizers, and are fantastic protein packed snacks.
Of course, I usually eat a few too many to call it a snack…..so I’m going to say they’re also great as a light lunch! Really, I can’t eat just one or two of these delicious stuffed eggs.
Maybe that’s why they’re called deviled eggs…..because they’re so tempting!
A little secret for getting your deviled eggs to sit flat on a plate or platter. Remove a tiny slice from the underside of the egg. This will create a flat bottom for the egg to rest on. No more deviled eggs tipping and sliding around your serving tray!
If you love deviled eggs as much as I do, then this bacon version is a must try. I hope you like them as much as I do. Try not to eat too many!
Be sure to save this Bacon Deviled Eggs recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Green onions
- Dijon mustard
- Spices: cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
Bacon Deviled Eggs
Crispy bacon, green onion and a hint of cayenne pepper are added to traditional deviled eggs in this kicked up version of the classic stuffed egg appetizer.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
- 8 peeled hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and gently scoop the yolks into a medium bowl. Set aside the whites.
- Mash the yolks with a fork, then stir in the mayonnaise, green onions, Dijon mustard, vinegar and cayenne.
- Stir in about 3/4 of the cooked, crumbled bacon, reserving the rest for garnish. Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the reserved whites. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and additional green onion, if desired. Cover and chill for up to four hours before serving.
Keywords: eggs, bacon, deviled
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from My Recipes.