BEST BANANA MUFFINS — Based on my grandmother’s banana bread recipe, these tried and true muffins are loaded with banana flavor. They really are the best!
I can’t tell you how many banana muffin recipes I’ve tried. The thing is, I have a fabulous banana bread recipe from my grandma that with a few adjustments makes the Best Banana Muffins, but I always think I’m going to find something better.
So there you have it. I decided it was finally time to stop searching for something better and share the Best Banana Muffins with you.
Always trust your grandma when it comes to tried and true recipes. Lesson learned. Of course, this recipe makes the best banana bread too.
I’ve tried so many different ways to use up my over-ripe bananas, but I always come back to this recipe because my family loves it, and it never fails me.
As the saying goes–don’t fix what’s not broken! I hope you love my grandmas banana bread/muffin recipe as much as we do. Enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Best Banana Muffins
- Lemon juice
- Baking powder
- Spices: cinnamon, salt
- Chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together milk and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and stir to combine.
- Add milk/lemon juice to mashed bananas, then fold banana mixture into batter. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: My grandma!