CHERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS — Light, fluffy muffins studded with fresh chopped cherries and white chocolate chips. Perfect for breakfast and snacking!
School starts last week, which means I need to fill my freezer with quick, grab-and-go breakfasts, and these Cherry White Chocolate Muffins are a new favorite at my house!
My 17 year-old actually has a muffin or two and a glass of chocolate milk for breakfast every single day of his life–at least during the school year.
But he leaves the house at 5:40 a.m., so I really can’t blame him for not fixing bacon and eggs. And I’m not getting up to do it!
And honestly, he’d probably eat the exact same muffins every day. But I do feel a little guilty about that.
So I’m always trying to come up with new muffin variations to keep breakfast somewhat exciting around here! And these cherry and white chocolate muffins were a big hit!
The fresh chopped cherries are the perfect match for the white chocolate chips. But cherries and dark chocolate are also a great combo, so feel free to substitute if you wish.
And the muffins themselves are the best I’ve every made! They rise perfectly and are light and fluffy on the inside.
Just be sure not to over-mix your batter, which is the secret to perfect muffins every time! I like to sprinkle a bit of coarse sparkling sugar on top before baking–just because.
And of course, I double the recipe so I can keep a supply in the freezer for my hungry 17 year-old.
These muffins make great after-school snacks too, so there’s no reason no to keep them on hand at all times!
Be sure to save this recipe for Cherry White Chocolate Muffins to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cherry White Chocolate Muffins
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Almond extract
- White chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup pitted, chopped cherries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and lightly grease the papers.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl, beat the milk, oil, eggs, vanilla and almond extract until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a fork or whisk until everything is just moistened. Do not overmix. Gently fold in the cherries and white chocolate chips
- Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full with batter. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. As soon as muffins are cool enough to handle, remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.
Last Updated on 2019-03-23 by Danelle