GRILLED STEAK POTATO MUSHROOM KABOBS — Juicy steak, tender potatoes and savory mushrooms are skewered and grilled to perfection!
When it comes to hearty, satisfying meals, husband and three boys are definitely steak and potatoes kind of guys. And I’m a pretty big fan of meat and potatoes myself!
Which means these Grilled Steak, Potato Mushroom Kabobs were guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family.
The steak and mushrooms are marinated in seasoned olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then grilled, kabob-style, with tender potatoes.
It’s a savory combination of flavors and textures that never fails to impress my hungry boys!
FANTASTIC!!! I made these the other night and they were AMAZING! I’m going to bottle some of this marinade and take it to Charleston for my girls trip this weekend! ~ Amanda
If you can’t find potatoes small enough for kabobs, feel free to cut what you have in to large chunks. It will work just as well. Just be sure to leave plenty of time for a good marinade–it’s what makes these kabobs so wonderful.
That’s the great thing about a good marinade, it can be used in so many different ways. These kabobs are sure to be a regular part of our summer grilling routine.
Be sure to save this Grilled Steak Potato Mushroom Kabobs recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
One last tip: if you’re using wooden skewers to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Steak Potato Mushroom Kabobs
- Produce: mushrooms, small potatoes, garlic
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Spices: salt and pepper, rosemary, oregano
- 1 pound steak
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 pound small potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut the steak into 1 inch chunks and add to a rimmed baking pan along with the mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano. Pour over the steak and mushrooms. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until just tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Thread the marinaded steak and mushrooms, along with the potatoes, onto skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill kabobs for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until meat is cooked to desired doneness. Reseason with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Total time does not include marinading.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 383 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 403mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 23g
I made this for a cook out tonight. So I tripled the recipe. Huge hit. Thanks for the recipe. ~ Heather
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Love Grows Wild