ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH BREADCRUMBS — Broccoli is roasted with garlic and seasonings, then tossed with toasted breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in these easy, healthy side dish.
I love broccoli though, and I love that it’s so good for you! My kids aren’t huge broccoli fans though (except in the case of broccoli cheese soup), but they actually liked this Roasted Broccoli with Breadcrumbs.
Of course, a sprinkling of toasty bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese makes just about anything taste better. I love that this dish is easy to prepare with simple ingredients, but isn’t lacking in flavor.
The toasted breadcrumbs are a unique ingredient that adds great texture and crunch to what could otherwise be a bland and boring side dish.
And it goes without saying that almost any vegetable tastes better with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
This broccoli a great side dish for almost any meal, and would even be perfect for a holiday dinner. You could even do a combination of broccoli and cauliflower.
Now, I’m not saying this turned my kids into broccoli lovers, but they did like it more than plain old roasted broccoli. Baby steps, right?
And did you know that cup of broccoli provides over 100% of your daily allowance for vitamin C and vitamin K, and is also a good source of vitamin A and potassium?
I love food that’s good, and good for you!
Be sure to save this recipe for Roasted Broccoli with Breadcrumbs to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Roasted Broccoli with Breadcrumbs
- Produce: broccoli, garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Panko bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound broccoli, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the broccoli into bite size pieces. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the bread crumbs in an even layer on a large, lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and add to the bowl with the broccoli mixture. Toss to combine.
- Return the broccoli mixture to the baking pan and roast just until the broccoli is just tender, 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Broccoli Bowtie Pasta Salad
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Alton Brown