QUESADILLA ENCHILADAS — Cheese filled tortillas are stacked with cheese and enchilada sauce in this crowd-pleasing Tex-Mex style dish.
What’s not to love about a big stack of cheesy quesadillas, covered in enchilada sauce? And that’s how Quesadilla Enchiladas were born!
And there are so many ways you could adapt this recipe! Try using green enchilada sauce instead of red, or add some chicken, beef or beans to your quesadillas.
This meal is so easy and comes together so quickly, but if you’re really in a hurry, you could skip toasting the quesadillas in the skillet first.
But it adds great flavor and texture, so I think it’s really worth the extra few minutes.
This is a favorite family recipe that’s always a hit!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Quesadilla Enchiladas
- Red enchilada sauce
- Olive oil
- Cheddar cheese
- Monterrey Jack cheese
- Flour tortillas
- Green onions
Cheese filled tortillas are stacked with cheese and enchilada sauce in this crowd-pleasing Tex-Mex style dish.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 (10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread a few tablespoons of enchilada sauce in bottom of lightly greased, 9-inch pie plate.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toss cheeses together in a medium bowl.
- Place about 1/4 cup of cheese mixture onto half of a tortilla. Fold the tortillas over to create half moons. Repeat with remaining tortillas times. You should have a bit of extra cheese.
- Layer two quesadillas in the pie plate, overlapping a bit if needed. Spread about 3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce over the quesadillas. Repeat until you have used all of the quesadillas.
- Spoon remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the quesadilla stack and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place the pie plate on a cookie sheet to catch any drips. Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown and the sauce and cheese are bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into wedges to serve. Top with favorite taco toppings, if desired.
Keywords: quesadilla, enchiladas, cheese, tortillas
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Betty Crocker