CHORIZO BACON QUESO — This hot, cheesy dip is loaded with green chilies, crispy bacon and chorizo for an over the top appetizer or game day snack!
I’ve never met a queso I didn’t like, and this Chorizo Bacon Queso is by far the best queso dip I’ve ever had! I mean, what’s not to love about spicy melted cheese loaded with crispy bacon and chorizo sausage? Nothing, I tell you. Absolutely nothing!
Like all good queso dips, this one starts with Velveeta cheese. It’s not the sort of thing I typically enjoy, but when it comes to making a good queso, Velveeta is a must!
Nothing else melts as smooth and creamy as good old processed cheese, so even if you’d normally turn your nose up at Velveeta, when it comes to making delicious queso, you really must embrace it!
From there, you add diced tomatoes and green chilies, shredded pepper jack cheese, evaporated milk, onions, garlic, and of course, the bacon and chorizo. Plus a sprinkling of fresh cilantro to finish things off.
I like to make this queso dip in a big skillet and serve it right from the pan. But it also works great to transfer it to a slow cooker and keep it warm. Especially if you’re serving it for a party or on game day.
This cheesy appetizer will definitely be the hit of any Super Bowl gathering you attend. Be prepared to get lots of request for the recipe any time you serve it.
You’ll need some tortilla or corn chips for dipping. I recommend a sturdy chip for scooping up all that bacon and sausage. This stuff is also great in burritos and nachos!
You can make this queso ahead of time and reheat it before serving. If you do, I recommend stirring in the bacon at the last minute, so it stays crispy.
If you love cheese, this Chorizo Bacon Queso is a must try. You may never go back to plain old queso again!
Be sure to save this Chorizo Bacon Queso recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chorizo Bacon Queso
- Produce: garlic, onion, cilantro
- Diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Diced green chilies
- Velveeta cheese
- Pepper jack cheese
- Evaporated milk
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Chorizo Bacon Queso
This hot, cheesy dip is loaded with green chilies, crispy bacon and chorizo for an over the top appetizer or game day snack!
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 8 ounces chorizo
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack or Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Add chorizo to skillet, along with onions and garlic, and cook until no longer pink, breaking up as you cook. Drain grease from chorizo and set aside with bacon. Wipe out skillet.
- Add diced tomatoes, green chilies and Velveeta to skillet and cook until cheese is melted. Stir in shredded pepper jack cheese and evaporated milk and continue to cook and stir until cheese is completely melted and smooth.
- Return bacon and chorizo to skillet and stir to combine. Stir in cilantro and serve hot with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1343mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 26g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Appetizer Recipes
Homemade Pico de Gallo
Diced tomatoes, jalapenos, onions and cilantro star in this refreshing salsa that's perfect with tortilla chips, or served over enchiladas and burritos.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Dip
This sweet and spicy chicken dip is made in a skillet on the stove top, then baked until golden and bubbly. A unique and delicious addition to game day, or any celebration!
Feisty Feta Dip
Feta cheese combines with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, green onions and hot sauce in this feisty Greek dip.
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Feta Dip
This warm, savory dip combines roasted red peppers and cherry tomatoes with feta and cream cheese in an easy but elegant appetizer that's perfect for any occasion.
Restaurant Style Salsa
This easy salsa recipe comes together in about 5 minutes, and tastes just like the salsa from your favorite Mexican restaurant.
Skillet Beef Queso
Ground beef is added to melted cheese in this spicy, crowd-pleasing, one skillet dip that's sure to be a hit on game day, or any day!
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from the Pioneer Woman
I’ll be whipping this up for game day. Thanks for the inspiration!!