SLOW COOKER SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS — Meatballs, pineapple and peppers slow cooked in a tangy sweet and sour glaze.
Sweet and sour meatballs are one of the things I remember loving for dinner as a kid. These Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs remind of the ones my mom used to make, and they couldn’t be any easier.
This is one of those easy weeknight meals I can throw into the slow cooker in the morning and forget about it. And I know it will always go over well with my husband–who is a meatball fanatic–and my hungry teenage boys!
I’m telling you, this meal practically makes itself!
You can use any kind of sweet or bell peppers you have handy.
I’ve diced up bell peppers to use in this recipe, but I love grabbing a bag of the little sweet peppers and slicing them up for this meal. They just look so pretty, and taste so good!
I also like to use frozen meatballs in this dish for convenience sake, but you could certainly make your own. Just make sure they are fully cooked before you add them to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients.
Be sure to save this recipe for Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Frozen meatballs
- Pineapple chunks
- Brown sugar
- White vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Produce: garlic, sweet peppers, green onions
- Salt and pepper
- Rice, for serving
- 2 dozen frozen meatballs
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained and juices reserved
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups diced sweet peppers
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- Sliced green onion, for garnish (optional)
- Place meatballs in a lightly greased slow cooker. Drain juice from canned pineapple into a glass measuring cup. Add enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Add brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and salt and pepper, to taste, to water/pineapple juice mixture and whisk to combine. Pour over meatballs in slow cooker.
- Add drained pineapple and peppers to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 310 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 769mg Carbohydrates: 52g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 36g Protein: 8g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs
Meatballs are simmered in the slow cooker in a flavorful, sweet and spicy homemade teriyaki sauce.
Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
These slow cooker Swedish meatballs are so easy to make, thanks to the help of pre-made, frozen meatballs. The creamy sauce makes this dish pure comfort food.
Spaghetti and Meatball Soup
Spaghetti and meatballs get a fun twist in this hearty, beef and pasta filled soup. A favorite with both kids and adults!
Quick Cranberry Glazed Meatballs
Cocktail meatballs in a sweet and savory cranberry glaze. The perfect holiday appetizer!
Meatball Stroganoff Bake
All the flavors of classic beef stroganoff come together in this delicious pasta filled casserole, made easy with the addition of precooked frozen meatballs. A simple, tasty dinner the whole family will love!
Slow Cooker Peach Glazed Meatballs
Cocktail meatballs are slow cooked in a sweet and tangy peach glaze in this easy, tasty recipe that makes a perfect appetizer or main dish.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes