SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALL SOUP — Spaghetti and meatballs get a fun twist in this hearty, beef and pasta filled soup. A favorite with both kids and adults!
They all devoured this soup and went back for seconds–and possibly thirds, but who’s counting, right? With a loaf of crusty bread and a nice green salad, this is the kind of comfort food that everyone loves.
I can count on one hand the meals my entire family likes. This one made the cut! There weren’t even enough leftovers for my lunch the next day! ~ Ashley
If you’re thinking this basically looks like a soupy version of spaghetti and meatballs, well….you’re right! But if you think about it, it’s a pretty great idea for a soup.
Lot of meatballs and pasta in a savory tomato based broth–what not to love about that? Best of all this is the kind of meal that’s a hit with people of all ages. Kids love it, and so do grown-ups.
Which means you really can’t go wrong with this recipe.
Best of all, this soup is so very easy to make! Especially if you use the precooked frozen meatballs. I’m always look for shortcuts in the kitchen, and frozen meatballs are something I always have on hand.
Of course, if you really want to go all out, you can definitely make your own meatballs. But if you’re looking to get dinner on the table in a hurry, I definitely recommend the frozen variety.
Jarred marinara sauce is another secret to getting this soup on the table in a hurry. It acts as a wonderful, flavorful base for the soup broth, and comes with all of the seasonings added!
My personal favorite is Prego Traditional, but any brand should work just fine.
With a sprinkling of grated Parmesan and fresh basil to finish things off, this soup tastes like it simmered all day, but comes together in about 20 minutes. It’s the perfect meal for hungry, busy families like mine.
Be sure to save this Spaghetti and Meatball Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Spaghetti and Meatball Soup
- Frozen meatballs
- Chicken broth
- Marinara sauce
- Produce: garlic, fresh basil
- Spices: Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (24 oz.) jar prepared marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 30-40 small precooked frozen meatballs, thawed
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, bring chicken broth, water and marinara sauce to a simmer. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Add meatballs and return to a simmer. Stir in spaghetti and simmer for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until spaghetti is tender.
- Stir in fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with additional basil and Parmesan cheese for garnish, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 1670mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 23g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Damn Delicious