NO-KNEAD HONEY OAT BREAD — This easy yeast bread is sweetened with honey and loaded with oats. Which makes this no-knead honey oat bread perfect for toast, sandwiches and snacking.
You may have noticed that I don’t share a lot of homemade yeast bread recipes here. The truth is, I’m lazy. I don’t want to bother with all that kneading and waiting when I can buy a lovely loaf of bread from the grocery store.
But this No-Knead Honey Oat Bread has me rethinking all of that!
This bread was done, from putting the bag of flour on the counter to bread out of the oven, in 2 hours. It is delicious and so easy. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
First of all, there’s no kneading! So we’ve already omitted one of the things I’m impatient about.
You do still have to wait for the bread to rise, but only for about 35 minutes. I can handle that! And even if I had to wait longer, it would be worth it, because this bread is absolutely wonderful.
Best of all, it’s so easy, and practically foolproof! I honestly wasn’t sure what to expect the first time I tried this bread, but I was so pleased with how it turned out.
This recipe is so easy to make. It’s delicious toasted or for making sandwiches. ~ Regina
It’s soft, butter and just a little bit sweet. My favorite way to enjoy it is warm from the oven, slathered with melted butter.
I love that this bread is so versatile, and works well for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Just be sure to use rolled oats in this recipe, not the quick cooking kind.
I like to sprinkle some oats over the bread before cooking too, for appearances, but that’s totally optional. Either way, you’re going to love this sweet, simple yeast bread. Happy baking!
Be sure to save this No-Knead Honey Oat Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make No-Knead Honey Oat Bread
- Rolled oats
No-Knead Honey Oat Bread
This easy yeast bread is sweetened with honey and loaded with oats. Which makes this no-knead honey oat bread perfect for toast, sandwiches and snacking.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 loaves
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup water to boiling. Stir in the oats, butter, honey and salt. Let stand until mixture cools to 110°-115°, stirring occasionally. Heat remaining water in microwave to 110°-115°.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the remaining warm water. Add the egg, oat/honey mixture and 2 cups flour. Mix until smooth. Gradually stir in remaining 2-3 cups flour until a stiff dough forms.
- Spread batter evenly into two greased 9×5 inch loaf pans. Smooth tops of loaves. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 35-40 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes; brush with melted butter, if desired. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Prep time does not include rising.
Keywords: honey, oat, bread, yeast
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home