SLOW COOKER RED CURRY MEATBALLS — Beef meatballs are simmered in a red curry coconut sauce and served over rice in this easy slow cooker comfort food meal.
With the exception of my husband, everyone in my family loves curry of any kind. And even my husband loved these Slow Cooker Red Curry Meatballs.
And I love that this has to be one of the easiest curry dishes I’ve ever made. Basically, you dump a few things in the slow cooker and walk away until dinner time.
Made this the other night, me & my husband loved it! It was spicy, in a good way and beyond easy to make. I appreciate a GOOD crock-pot dinner. Thank you! ~ Carol
Of course, using pre-cooked, frozen meatballs really adds to the ease of this recipe, but you can most definitely make your meatballs from scratch if you prefer.
Personally, I love simple shortcuts that make meal prep easier. Especially on busy weeknights–which we seem to have a lot of around here.
You can use either low-fat or regular coconut milk in this recipe. Just know that your sauce may be ever-so-slightly thinner if you use go with the low-fat version.
And of course you can adjust the heat by adding more or less curry paste or cayenne pepper. We like ours in the mild to medium range, so the amount of spice in the recipe reflects that.
This is one of my family’s favorite curry dishes, and an all-around favorite of my 13 year-old, who asks for it on a regular basis.
I love it too, so I’m happy to oblige him. Served over some hot cooked rice, this is an easy, heartwarming meal that’s sure to become a favorite at your house too!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Red Curry Meatballs recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Red Curry Meatballs
- Coconut milk
- Produce: garlic, fresh cilantro
- Red curry paste
- Spices: ground ginger, salt and pepper, curry powder, cayenne pepper
- Frozen meatballs
- Lime juice
- Rice, for serving
- 2 (13.5 oz.) cans coconut milk
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3-4 dozen small, precooked frozen meatballs
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- Lightly grease a slow cooker. Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, ginger, salt, pepper, curry powder, cayenne and flour and whisk to combine.
- Add meatballs to slow cooker and stir to coat with sauce. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 429 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 28g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 795mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 10g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe