ONE POT SAUSAGE PASTA SKILLET — Smoked sausage and pasta come together in a cheesy, creamy sauce in this one pot meal the whole family will love!
There’s nothing I love more than a one-pot meal, and this One Pot Sausage Pasta Skillet is always a hit with my husband and hungry teenagers.
I always keep a smoked sausage or two in my freezer, because sausage and pasta in some form is a pretty popular combination around here. And this is the perfect recipe to throw together on a busy week night when there’s not much time for cooking.
Honestly, just use whatever you have handy. No need to complicate this simple but delicious recipe.
One of the things I love about using smoked sausage is that it’s precooked, so it’s perfect for putting together a quick meal. No need to worry about your meat being properly cooked.
It’s pretty much a staple at our house, and one of the ingredients I always have on hand. Of course, I always keep a good selection of pasta in my pantry too.
I used mozzarella cheese to top of this pasta skillet, but almost any kind of cheese will work. Just be sure to put it under the broiler for a minute or two, so the cheese gets golden and bubbly.
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy meal to feed your family, with minimal clean-up, you’ve got to give this One Pot Sausage Pasta Skillet a try!
Be sure to save this One Pot Sausage Pasta Skillet recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make One Pot Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Olive oil
- Produce: garlic, fresh parsley, onions
- Smoked sausage
- Chicken broth
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Spices: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces elbows pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned and onions are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then cover ad reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat and stir in cream and Parmesan cheese. Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle pasta with mozzarella cheese. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1016mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 16g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Damn Delicious