BAKED CHIPOTLE RANCH CHICKEN TACOS — Crispy tacos shells are filled with chipotle ranch seasoned chicken and cheese, then baked and filled with your favorite taco toppings in this easy, crowd-pleasing dinner.
My husband and boys are taco fanatics, and these crispy, cheesy, flavorful Baked Chipotle Ranch Chicken Tacos are a family favorite around here!
It’s easy to see why everyone loves them. Shredded chicken is seasoned with Ranch dressing mix, chipotle peppers and chili powder, then baked in crispy taco shells with loads of shredded cheese.
Then you just add your favorite taco toppings–we like lettuce, tomato, cilantro and avocado–plus salsa and sour cream, and you’ve got a meal that even your picky eaters will devour.
I never have a shred of leftovers when I make these tacos, and the fact that they’re so easy to put together makes this recipe a big winner in my book.
When you live in a house full of hungry teenagers, you really can’t go wrong with tacos on the menu.
I almost always use a supermarket rotisserie chicken to make these tacos. It’s the perfect solution for getting this meal on the table in a hurry. But you can certainly cook and shred your own chicken too.
And I highly recommend the stand and stuff taco shells with the flat bottoms! They make it so much easier to arrange your tacos in the pan without them falling over and spilling their contents everywhere.
The secret to baking tacos without the shells getting super soggy is to put some cheese in the bottom of each taco, then add your meat, then put more cheese on top.
Trust me, no one is going to complain about the extra cheese!
If you’re looking for a super easy, crowd-pleasing weeknight meal to feed your hungry family, these Baked Chipotle Ranch Chicken Tacos are sure to become a hit at your house too.
Don’t wait for Taco Tuesday to try them!
Be sure to save this recipe for Baked Chipotle Ranch Chicken Tacos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Baked Chipotle Ranch Chicken Tacos
- Taco shells
- Shredded cheese
- Ranch dressing mix
- Canned chipotles in adobo
- Spices: chili powder, cumin
- Your favorite taco toppings
- 1.5 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing mix
- 1-2 teaspoons canned chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 Stand and Stuff Taco shells
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- Your favorite taco toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken, Ranch dressing mix, chipotle peppers, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange taco shells in prepared pan. Add 2-3 tablespoons shredded cheese to each shell. Top with chicken mixture, followed by more cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges of shells are just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite taco toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 568mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 32g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe