ALFREDO CHICKEN BACON BAKE — Sauteed chicken breasts are baked in creamy Alfredo sauce with basil pesto and crispy bacon in this crowd pleasing, comfort food casserole!
When it comes to feeding three hungry boys, smothering anything in Alfredo sauce and topping it with bacon is a sure winner, and this Alfredo Chicken Bacon Bake was no exception!
Besides being amazingly delicious, this dish is so easy to prepare. It only takes about 10 minutes to get this chicken bake in the oven, thanks to a few shortcuts like jarred Alfredo sauce and prepared pesto.
I highly recommend a side of rice or pasta to go along with all the flavorful sauce. And you can easily adjust the number of chicken breasts up or down by a few, depending on how many people you’ll be feeding.
As you probably guessed, this isn’t a low calorie dish, but it’s oh soooo good. Especially if you’re in the mood for some serious comfort food.
But just to make myself feel a little better, I do like to serve this chicken with a nice green salad. Of course, my boys can eat indulgent foods like this non-stop and they’re all still as slim as can be. I told them to enjoy it while it lasts!
Do be sure to brown your chicken breasts first. It may seem like an unnecessary extra step, but it adds great color, and more importantly, great flavor.
If you’re looking for a tasty new chicken dish to add to your dinner rotation, my whole family recommends this Alfredo Chicken Bacon Bake. Everyone gave it two thumbs up at our house!
Be sure to save this Alfredo Chicken Bacon Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Crispy Cheddar ChickenContinue Reading
Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
This easy chicken dish, with a creamy mustard sauce, is on the table in about 20 minutes!Get the Recipe
Queso Chicken and Rice Bake
Chicken breasts and rice are smothered in a Tex-Mex seasoned queso sauce, then topped off with fresh chopped tomatoes in this comfort food casserole the whole family will love!Get the Recipe
Crescent Topped Chicken Pot Pies
Chicken and vegetables in a creamy sauce, topped with crescent roll dough and baked until golden and bubbly.Get the Recipe
Creamy Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken
Chicken breasts are slow cooked with garlic cloves, then finished off with a creamy sauce.Get the Recipe
Green Chile Chicken Pot Pie
A creamy, cheesy green chile and chicken filling is topped off with a delicious biscuit-like topping in this Tex-Mex style comfort food the whole family will love!Get the Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make Alfredo Chicken Bacon Bake
- Produce: red bell pepper, fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Basil pesto
- Alfredo sauce
- Chicken broth
- Mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 (15 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp. Remove to paper towel-lined plate, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Add bell pepper to skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to medium bowl.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat about 4 minutes, turning once, until brown. Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add pesto, Alfredo sauce and chicken broth to bowl with red pepper. Stir until well blended. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes, or until bubbly and cooked through. Uncover and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon and fresh parsley before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 361 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 130mg Sodium: 547mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 44g
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Pillsbury