CRESCENT TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIES — Chicken and vegetables in a creamy sauce, topped with crescent roll dough and baked until golden and bubbly.
I love chicken pot pie in all it’s forms, but these individual Crescent Topped Chicken Pot Pies are one of my favorite versions of the classic pot pie.
There’s something about having your own little pot pie that’s just fun! And when your individual pie is topped with flaky crescent roll dough, arranged in pretty pinwheels, somehow the whole meal tastes better.
Whether you’re feeding kids or grown ups, these mini pot pies are a hit with everyone. And it’s a great way to sneak in those vegetables for the picky eaters in your family.
To make this dish extra easy to prepare, I like to use a supermarket rotisserie chicken, frozen mixed vegetables, and of course, canned crescent roll dough.
I like to use the dough sheets in this recipe, because it’s easy to cut them into strips and arrange them over the individual pies.
But these pot pies could just as easily be made from scratch if you have the time and energy. Either way, they’re going to be delicious! Don’t be surprised if the whole family raves!
I do like to add some cooked, diced potatoes if I have a little extra time, but when I’m really in a hurry to get dinner on the table, I just toss in a bag of frozen veggies and call it good!
And of course, you could put everything into one larger dish if you don’t have any individual dishes available. It still tastes the same!
Like I said, I never get tired of eating chicken pot pie in any form, and if you’re looking for a new twist on a classic comfort food dish, this recipe is a must try!
Be sure to save this recipe for Crescent Topped Chicken Pot Pies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Crescent Topped Chicken Pot Pies
- Produce: garlic, onions, fresh parsley
- Chicken broth
- Spices: salt and pepper, sage, thyme, garlic salt
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Parmesan cheese
- Canned crescent roll sheets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2-3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Pillsbury crescent dough sheets
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook a few minutes more.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper, thyme and sage. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in chicken and frozen vegetables. Divide the mixture among 6-8 lightly greased individual baking dishes or ramekins.
- Unroll the crescent dough and cut each sheet into 12 strips. Arrange 3-4 strips, in a pinwheel fashion, on top of each pot pie. You may not use all the dough. I just bake the extras on a small baking sheet and serve them on the side.
- Sprinkle the pot pies with Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 358 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 109mg Sodium: 761mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 30g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie with Hashbrown Crust
Hashbrowns replace the usual crust in this twist on classic chicken pot pie!
Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Bake
Shredded chicken is mixed with cream cheese and buffalo sauce, then topped off with refrigerated biscuit dough in this spicy comfort food casserole the whole family will love!
Southwest Cream Cheese Chicken Wraps
Chicken and cream cheese are combined with red peppers, black beans, corn, shredded cheddar and southwest spices, then wrapped in flour tortillas for a hearty lunch or light dinner.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Flatbreads
Savory grilled chicken and Caesar salad are served up in warm flatbread in this light and easy dinner.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Tender chunks of chicken and potato, with peas and carrots, are cooked in a creamy sauce, then topped off with wedges of flaky pie crust in this slow cooker version of classic comfort food.
Chicken with Rosemary Butter Sauce
Sauteed chicken breasts smothered in a creamy rosemary butter sauce. Ready in 20 minutes or less!
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens