HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN DIP — This sweet and spicy chicken dip is made in a skillet on the stove top, then baked until golden and bubbly. A unique and delicious addition to game day, or any celebration!
‘Tis the season for appetizers at my house, and to say my family loved this Honey Sriracha Chicken Dip would be the understatement of the year!
My boys all love spicy foods–anything Buffalo chicken flavored comes to mind–and this sweet and spicy dip is a unique riff on the usual Buffalo chicken style dip.
I recommend using a supermarket rotisserie chicken to help this dip come together quickly and easily. Those chickens are a staple food at my house! They save so much prep time in the kitchen.
You can serve this dip with all kinds of dippers–toasted baguettes or other crusty bread, crackers, tortilla chips, Fritos and even vegetables. Celery is especially tasty!
If you’d rather, you can throw all the ingredients for this dip into the slow cooker and heat it on low for 4-6 hours. This is especially handy if you’ll be transporting it to a party.
But I do love the skillet method when I’m making it at home. There’s just something fun about pulling a hot bubbling skillet of cheesy dip from the oven.
However you serve it, one thing is for sure, this Honey Sriracha Chicken Dip is going to be hit with everyone!
Be sure to save this Honey Sriracha Chicken Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Honey Sriracha Chicken Dip
- Olive oil
- Produce: onion, red pepper, green onions
- Cooked shredded chicken
- Cream cheese
- Monterrey Jack cheese
- Sriracha sauce
- Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are just tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and stir until mostly melted. Stir in chicken, Monterrey Jack cheese, Sriracha sauce and honey. Cook and stir until cheeses are melted and everything is well combined. Stir in green onions. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with cheddar cheese. Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden and dip is hot and bubbly. Serve with bread, crackers, corn chips and vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 311 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 78mg Sodium: 717mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 21g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Southern Living