SLOW COOKER DR PEPPER PULLED PORK — Pork roast is cooked in Dr Pepper and seasonings until tender, then shredded and served on crusty buns. Easy and delicious, it’s a great way to feed a crowd or just a hungry family.
Pulled pork is one meal my husband and boys never get tired of, and this Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork is definitely a family favorite!
I mean, it’s pork cooked in Dr Pepper soda, along with barbecue sauce and lots of savory spices, which means it’s really hard to go wrong with this crowd-pleasing recipe.
The Dr Pepper pulled pork was delicious. I rarely care for pulled pork, but I was intrigued by the use of Dr Pepper, so I tried it and the family loved it, as did I! ~ Monta
This is also a perfect recipe for game day or tailgating because it’s so easy to make and keep warm throughout the day.
I always mix my liquids in the bottom of the slow cooker (in this case it’s barbecue sauce and Dr Pepper), then rub the seasonings over my roast and set it on top of the liquid.
This is my new pulled pork recipe replacing my old oven baked one. The slow cooker is the way to go, hands off and stays moist. Thank you so much for posting this great recipe. ~ Carol
That way you end up with all the delicious seasonings in your meat when it’s time to shred it, rather than floating in the slow cooker. It’s a simple step that adds so much flavor.
One thing is for certain, pulled pork is always loved by kids and adults alike, no matter how I serve it. It’s always a hit, and your sure to get requests for the recipe.
This Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork is destined to become a family favorite. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker
- Meat Shredders
- Liquid measuring cups
- Measuring cups and spoons
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- Pork roast
- Spices: paprika, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Dr Pepper
- Barbecue sauce
- Sandwich rolls, for serving
- 1 (3-4 lb) pork roast
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 oz.) can Dr Pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Rolls or sandwich buns, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Rub over pork roast.
- In a lightly greased slow cooker, whisk together Dr Pepper and barbecue sauce. Place roast in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and toss with cooking liquid (if there is too much liquid, remove some before returning the roast to the slow cooker).
- Serve shredded pork on sandwich buns with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 698mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe