AIR FRYER MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKES — This decadent chocolate dessert recipe for two uses pantry staples and cooks in the air fryer in ten minutes or less. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, or any romantic dinner.
Just when I thought I couldn’t love my air fryer any more than I already do, this recipe for Air Fryer Molten Chocolate Cakes came into my life.
I mean, what’s not to love about a rich, gooey chocolate cake? Especially when it bakes up in about 10 minutes? Which means you can whip yourself up a tasty little dessert no matter when the craving strikes.
The biggest trick for a gooey, delicious molten cake is to make sure you don’t overcook it. In my air fryer, that means eight minutes max.
It may take up to 10 minutes in other air fryers, but when it comes to getting that delicious molten center, is always best to err on the side of under baking.
Not that this cake wouldn’t be delicious if you baked it completely through. But if you’re going for a lava-like center, bake it (or air fry it) until the center is just barely set.
Obviously this is the perfect dessert for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner, or any special occasion for two, like an anniversary celebration.
You can easily double this recipe to serve four people. In some air fryers, you’ll be able to cook all four cakes at once, although you may need to leave them in a little longer.
If you can only fit in two cakes at a time, no worries. Just bake your molten cakes in batches. Cover the first batch with foil, to keep them warm, but don’t warm them in the oven, or they may end up cooking all the way through.
Some people like to turn their molten cakes on a plate to serve them, but as far as I’m concerned, that asking for trouble. I just leave mine in the ramekin, and top it with whipped cream, ice cream or fresh berries.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy way to satisfy a chocolate craving, or impress your significant other, you’ve got to give these Air Fryer Molten Chocolate Cakes a try!
Be sure to save this recipe for Air Fryer Molten Chocolate Cakes to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Air Fryer Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Semisweet chocolate
- Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter, plus more for greasing ramekins
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus more for dusting ramekins
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- Butter two 6 ounce ramekins and dust with granulated sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter, chocolate and cream over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Whisk in flour until mixture is smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar, egg and egg yolk until thick and pale. Fold egg mixture, 1/3 at a time, into chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared ramekins. Preheat air fryer to 300 degrees.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are firm but centers are just set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Top with whipped cream, ice cream or fresh berries, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 263mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 7g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Good Housekeeping