AIR FRYER SALMON CAKES — Cooked, flaky salmon is mixed with herbs, egg and seasonings, then coated in bread crumbs and air fried until crispy. An easy, tasty way to prepare leftover salmon.
We eat a lot of salmon around here, and as much as we love it, I almost always have leftovers, and these Air Fryer Salmon Cakes are one of our favorite ways to enjoy the leftovers.
My kids have always loved salmon, and I’m so glad, because not only is it healthy, it’s one of the quickest, easiest things to prepare.
You’ve probably noticed there are quite a few salmon recipes on my blog. There are so many ways to prepare it that it never gets boring.
But that doesn’t mean we don’t have leftovers (thanks Costco!), so I figured I needed to add more leftover salmon recipes to my repertoire.
These savory salmon patties are simple, delicious, and my whole family loves them the second time around as much as they enjoyed their salmon the first time.
Being a recipe for leftovers, the ingredient list is pretty open to interpretation. You may have to adjust amounts up or down depending on how much leftover salmon you actually have.
Of course, you can always use canned salmon if you don’t have fresh or leftover salmon available.
I like to make sure all the veggies and herbs are diced very finely. In fact, I usually give everything a few quick pulses in the food processor.
And don’t skip the bread crumb coating! It helps hold everything together, and gives your salmon cakes a nice, crispy coating.
If you’re wondering what to do with the leftovers next time you serve salmon, give these Air Fryer Salmon Cakes a try. Serve them as-is, or turn them into salmon burgers. Either way, you’re gong to love them.
Be sure to save this recipe for Air Fryer Salmon Cakes to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Air Fryer Salmon Cakes
- Cooked salmon
- Produce: green onions, celery, dill, garlic, lemons
- Spices: Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 cups cooked, flaked salmon
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 2-3 chopped green onions
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs, green onions, celery, garlic, dill, Old Bay seasoning and salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, egg yolk, Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Add to salmon mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Shape salmon into 6-8 patties, about 1-inch thick. Place the remaning breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Add patties to breadcrumbs and turn to coat all sides. Refrigerate salmon patties for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat air-fryer to 375 degrees. Spray both sides of the salmon patties with non-stick cooking spray. Cook in batches for 10-12 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time. Serve with lemon wedges or tarta sauce.
- Alternately, you can fry the salmon cakes in a skillet over medium heat using a few tablespoons of vegetable oil, cooking for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 628mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe