ASIAN CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS — Ground chicken or turkey is cooked with onions, garlic, water chestnuts and hoisin sauce, then wrapped in lettuce leaves for a delicious, low carb meal the whole family will love.
If you love the lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang’s, then you’re going to love making these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps at home.
This is one of those meals I always keep the ingredients on hand for, because it’s quick, easy, and my whole family loves it. Granted, my youngest just eats the filling without and lettuce, but he still cleans his plate.
And if you’re trying to stick to a keto or low carb diet, these savory chicken lettuce wraps are so flavorful and satisfying–you won’t even miss those carbohydrates!
I usually stick to a simple filling of ground meat, onions, garlic, ginger, spices and water chestnuts for crunch, but you could finely chop even more veggies and add them to the mix.
With the help of some bottled hoisin sauce, this recipe cooks up in about 10 minutes, plus a few extra minutes for chopping the vegetables and washing the lettuce.
I find Romain lettuce works great in this recipe, but butter lettuce is also a good choice. And if you prefer, you can eat the filling on it’s own, like my youngest does.
I often substitute ground turkey in this recipe, because it’s easier to find at the supermarket, and what I usually have on hand. Use whichever you prefer–you really can’t tell the difference.
The best part about making these chicken and lettuce wraps at home is that they’re a lot healthier, and lower in sodium, than the ones you get at the restaurant.
And when it’s this easy to make Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, this simple, tasty meal is sure to become a family favorite.
Be sure to save this recipe for Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Ground chicken or turkey
- Produce: onions, garlic, ginger, green onions, lettuce
- Spices: Salt and pepper, red pepper flakes
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Hoisin sauce
- Brown sugar
- Water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 greens onions, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10-12 lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken or turkey, onion, garlic and ginger, and sauté until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, green onions and water chestnuts and cook a few minutes longer, until the onions are soft. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve chicken/turkey mixture wrapped in prepared lettuce leaves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 738mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 8gSugar: 11gProtein: 41g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by P.F. Chang’s