AWARD WINNING BUFFALO CHICKEN POTATO CASSEROLE — Cheesy diced potatoes combine with hot and spicy chicken in this heartwarming casserole.
You know that potato casserole with the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and cheese? Maybe you call it “cheesy potatoes” or “potato casserole.”
Where I come from they call it “funeral potatoes.” Don’t ask.
I found this recipe a few months ago and we have made it about once a week since. Sometimes twice a week! We absolutely love it!
I even switched it up one week and made it with honey bbq instead and it was so good! This is definitely one I’m going to pass on! ~ Victoria
Anyway, this Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole is basically a kicked up version of that casserole. And yes, it’s full of all kinds of processed food and fattening ingredients. Don’t judge.
Or go right ahead and judge if you’d like. That won’t stop me and the rest of my family from eating this delicious, slightly spicy, satisfying meal!
This is serious comfort food–cheesy, creamy, and crunchy, with a little bit of kick. This hearty, satisfying casserole is part of our regular dinner rotation and there are never any leftovers!
I made this last night and it was wonderful and a definite keeper!! ~ Trisha
I even won a funeral potatoes recipe contest with this recipe. True story!
And did I mention, this casserole is super easy to make? Simple and delicious. What more could you ask for in your comfort food? This cheesy Buffalo chicken potato casserole is a real winner–literally!
Be sure to save this Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Frozen Southern-style hash browns
- Ranch dressing
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream of chicken soup
- Salt and pepper
- Ritz crackers
- Green onions
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot sauce)
- 6 cups frozen southern-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup crushed Ritz cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together cubed chicken and hot sauce.
- In large bowl, stir together potatoes, ranch dressing, cheese and soup. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- Distribute chicken evenly over potato mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together the cracker crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes; uncover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with green onions just before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 873 Total Fat: 57g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 40g Cholesterol: 107mg Sodium: 1872mg Carbohydrates: 57g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 35g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First:Adapted from Cassie Craves.