BALSAMIC BARBECUE PULLED PORK FRIES — Crispy French fries are topped with slow cooked pork in balsamic barbecue sauce, then topped with cheddar cheese and green onions in this food truck style fare.
I love food truck food, and these Balsamic Barbecue Pulled Pork Fries remind of the delicious smothered fries from one of my favorite food trucks.
But I love these fries even more because I can enjoy them at home any time the craving strikes!
The secret to this recipes is the balsamic barbecue sauce. First, the pork slow cooks in the sauce to create the sweet and tangy topping for the fries. Then more sauce is drizzled on top to finish things off.
The sauce is just SO good. In fact, I often double or triple the recipe so I have some on hand for basting grilled chicken breasts or simply to use as a dipping sauce for fries or chicken fingers.
You can use any kind of frozen French fries as the base for these food truck style fries. We love crinkle cut or waffle fries at my house.
And of course, if you’re feeling extra industrious, you can always make your fries from scratch.
And if you’re thinking the pork and sauce would also make a mean pulled pork sandwich, you are absolutely right! It’s also great in the form of nachos, tacos, burritos……the possibilities are almost endless.
But I really do love serving this tender, tangy pork best on a bed of crispy French fries. Nothing says comfort food to me like fries, and smothering them in all kinds of delicious toppings makes them even better.
Be sure to save this Balsamic Barbecue Pulled Pork Fries recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Balsamic Barbecue Pulled Pork Fries
- Pork roast
- Apple cider
- Balsamic vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Spices: onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Frozen French fries
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- 1 (2-3 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28-32 oz.) bag frozen French fries
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Place pork roast in a lightly greased slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, cider, balsamic vinegar, molasses, brown sugar, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place half of sauce mixture in a small saucepan.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over pork. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours, or until pork is cooked through and shreds easily.
- About 30-40 minutes before serving, simmer remaining sauce mixture over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Cook French fries according to package directions.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred. Arrange cooked fries on a large serving platter or individual plates. Cover with desired amount of pulled pork. Top with shredded cheese and sliced green onions. Drizzle with the reserved sauce and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 731mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Protein: 16g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe