SLOW COOKER BALSAMIC GLAZED ROAST BEEF — Roast beef is slow cooked until tender, then finished off with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze.
As a food blogger, I don’t repeat meals very often, but there are a few that my family does request on a regular basis, like Butter Chicken. This Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef is another favorite that my family asks for often.
My youngest especially loves this roast. It’s so delicious, it’s hard not to indulge his frequent requests to make it.
I love roast beef, but I never seemed to get it right and was never satisfied with the ones I made! THIS RECIPE WAS A HIT!!! It is absolutely amazing and is the recipe I will be using from now on. ~ April
Not to mention, it’s so easy to throw together. The slow cooker does most of the work, and then you step in at the end and whip up the balsamic glaze. So simple, yet nice enough for company or special occasions.
We also love this Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin, which is where I got the inspiration to create the glaze for this recipe.
You can also throw some potatoes, carrots (or both!) into the slow cooker with your roast for a super simple, complete meal.
Wonderful and very easy recipe. The only adjustment I made was to add crushed red pepper to the sauce since we like spicy. Will go into rotation in our house. Thank you so much! ~ Lauri
I’ve been making this balsamic roast beef since my kids were little, and they still love it as much today as they did back then. And the leftovers (if you have any) make for some fabulous sandwiches.
My husband and boys love a good pot roast and I’m pretty confident in saying that this Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef is their favorite.
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef
- Chuck or round roast
- Beef broth
- Balsamic vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Spices: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Brown sugar
For the roast:
- 1 (3-4 pound boneless) chuck or round roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid (from the roast, strained)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- 3-4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place roast beef in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine beef broth, 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, honey, red pepper flakes, garlic and pepper. Pour over roast beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and slice or shred. Cover and keep warm.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of liquid from the slow cooker and pour through a mesh strainer into a medium saucepan.
- Stir together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Whisk into saucepan, along with 3-4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If desired, add additional water or cooking liquid for a thinner glaze.
- Pour glaze over beef and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 271mgSodium: 655mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 86g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by Add a Pinch