BROWN SUGAR BALSAMIC ROASTED BABY CARROTS — Baby carrots coated in a balsamic and brown sugar glaze, then roasted until tender.
I’m always looking for new ways to make vegetables appealing to my children, and these Brown Sugar Balsamic Roasted Baby Carrots were a suprise hit.
My kids won’t touch raw carrots with a 10 foot pole, but they all seem to love cooked carrots. Which is weird to me, because they’re carrots either way. Maybe it’s because cooked carrots are often coated in something delicious, like these sweet and savory roasted baby carrots.
I love that these roasted carrots are easy enough for a week night dinner, but nice enough to serve with a holiday meal, which makes them a real winner in my book!
I do recommend lining your pan with lightly greased aluminum foil though. That brown sugar can get pretty sticky!
I knew these would be a hit with my husband, because any time I cover something with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, it always goes over well with him, and these carrots were no exception.
What surprised me is that my 10 year-old had two or three helpings. I assure you, this is not normal. He usually won’t eat vegetables unless they’re covered in cheese sauce or Ranch dressing.
In fact, my family likes these carrots so much, they now make a regular appearance on our Thanksgiving table.
My family prefers our cooked veggies more on the crisp side, but if you prefer yours more tender, just increase the cooking time accordingly. I find it’s a good idea to test a carrot about 20 minutes in to cooking.
And feel free to adjust the amount of brown sugar to suit your tastes. We prefer our carrots on the sweet side, but you can definitely go more savory.
If you have vegetable-eating skeptics at your house, be sure to try these Brown Sugar Balsamic Roasted Baby Carrots. They may just win over your pickiest eaters.
Be sure to save this recipe for Brown Sugar Balsamic Roasted Baby Carrots to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Brown Sugar Balsamic Roasted Baby Carrots
- Produce: baby carrots, fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Coarse salt
- 1.5 pounds baby carrots, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper, or line with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place carrots in a medium bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like your carrots).
- Pour the balsamic and brown sugar mixture over the carrots and toss to coat well. Arrange in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until carrots reach desired tenderness.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with coarse salt and chopped fresh parsley
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cravings of a Lunatic