Banana Bread Bundt Cake — Over-ripe bananas add a hint of sweetness and a burst of banana flavor to this delicious bundt cake, finished off with a drizzle of cream cheese frosting.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I’ll ever have enough recipes for using over-ripe bananas, and this Banana Bread Bundt Cake is a new favorite!
But in the world of banana based desserts, this bundt cake, with it’s pretty drizzle of cream cheese frosting, really stands out. I think it’s actually kind of fancy.
Which isn’t how I’d describe even my very favorite banana bread recipe. It’s nice enough to serve for company, and makes enough servings to feed a crowd.
And even though it’s super easy to mix and bake, it’s totally homemade, with simple ingredients you probably have on hand right now.
The cream cheese frosting, of course, is what makes this cake so beautiful, and tasty. I like to spoon my frosting into a large zip-top bag, then snip off one corner and pipe it over the cake.
And yes, the buttermilk really does make a difference in the texture of this cake. But if you don’t have any on hand, don’t worry. It’s easy to create a substitution.
Simply add a tablespoon of vinegar to the bottom of your measuring cup before measuring out the milk. Let that stand for about 5 minutes and you’ve got your buttermilk substitution.
If you want to enhance this cake a bit, you can definitely add some chocolate chips, or a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg–or both. My personal favorite is a handful of mini chocolate chips.
This simple but delicious Banana Bread Bundt Cake, didn’t last long at my house. Don’t be surprised if it disappears quickly at your house too!
Be sure to save this Banana Bread Bundt Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Banana Bread Bundt Cake
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
For the cake
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
For the frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 9 or 10 cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix in the mashed banana.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick or tester comes out clean. Move to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by beating the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Spread or pipe frosting over cooled cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 308mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Vintage Kitchen