BEST SLOW COOKER BARBECUE BEEF BRISKET — Beef brisket is covered in a blend of savory spices and liquid smoke, then smothered in your favorite barbecue sauce and slow cooked to perfection. The most delicious, tender brisket you’ll ever try!
I’ve tried a lot of beef brisket recipes over the years, and after taking one bite of this brisket, I knew I’d found my go-to recipe.
I don’t own a smoker (although they seem to be all the rage right now), and aside from that, I think the slow cooker is the best possible method for baking beef brisket.
Even better, this version is so easy to get started. You just cover your brisket in a savory spice rub, add some liquid smoke and your favorite barbecue sauce, then turn on the slow cooker and walk away.
Eight to ten hours later, everyone will be raving about your brisket! At least, that’s what my family was doing.
We loved this so much, I made it twice in one week!
Not only does this recipe result in a flavorful, tender piece of beef, the sauce that comes out of the slow cooker is pretty amazing too. It really puts this brisket over the top!
If you’re looking for the perfect dish to serve on Father’s Day, let me tell you, this is the one! I don’t know a dad out there who wouldn’t love this.
Personally, I think a big pile of mashed potatoes is the perfect side for this brisket, because of the savory, barbecue infused sauce.
I know we’ll never make brisket any other way around here. Well, unless I break down and get one of those smokers.
But even then, I think this slow cooked version may still be my go to recipe.
Be sure to save this Best Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Brisket recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Best Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Brisket
- Beef brisket
- Spices: thyme, paprika, salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin
- Liquid smoke
- Barbecue sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (3 lb.) beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together all of the seasonings and rub over brisket. Stir together the liquid smoke, barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a lightly greased oval slow cooker.
- Add the brisket to the slow cooker and turn to coat with the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Transfer the brisket to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Slice meat across the grain and serve with the sauce from the slow cooker.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 828mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes