LEFTOVER BRISKET FRIED RICE — Loaded with vegetables, scrambled eggs and savory spices and sauce, this flavorful fried rice is the best way to use leftover brisket!
There are so many tasty things you could do with leftover beef brisket, but I love this one because it’s so versatile. You can pretty much throw in whatever herbs and veggies you have in the refrigerator or freezer.
So not only does it use up leftover brisket, it uses up lots of other leftovers too–including leftover rice.
You can definitely make this with freshly cooked rice, but as a general rule, fried rice of any kind is much better made with leftover rice.
So if you have the time, or the presence of mind to plan that far ahead (unlike me!) make your rice a day or two ahead and let it hang out in the refrigerator.
My middle son, in particular, is a fried rice fanatic, but the entire family absolutely loves this recipe. And it’s so simple to throw together, which makes it a winner in my book.
The ginger, garlic and Sriracha sauce give this dish a wonderful spicy kick, but feel free to adjust the spice levels up or down to suit your tastes.
If you’re looking for a new, exciting way to use up your leftover holiday brisket, this Leftover Brisket Fried Rice is sure to become a family favorite.
Be sure to save this Leftover Brisket Fried Rice recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Leftover Brisket Fried Rice
- Canola oil
- Produce: green onions, ginger, garlic, carrots, cilantro, limes
- Frozen vegetables–peas, corn, etc.
- Spices: salt and pepper
- Sriracha sauce
- Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 cups shredded leftover brisket
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup diced or shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sriracha, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat half of the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring often, until just set, about 2 minutes. Remove the eggs to a plate.
- Add the scallion whites to the skillet and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook a few minutes longer.
- Add the remaining oil, followed by the brisket and any fresh vegetables. Stir in the rice and cook until rice beings to crisp, 3-4 minutes. Add any frozen vegetables along with the cooked eggs. Break up the eggs as you stir, if needed.
- Stir in the green onions, cilantro, and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with additional green onions and cilantro if desired. Serve warm with Sriracha sauce and lime wedges.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Bringing it Home
Last Updated on 2023-08-16 by Danelle