SLOW COOKER MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST WITH GRAVY — Just a few simple ingredients are all you need to make this flavorful, tender pot roast with gravy. The pepperoncini peppers add a unique, amazing flavor!
By now you’ve probably seen some version of this Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast with Gravy circulating on the world wide web. And for good reason…..it’s absolutely amazing and so incredibly simple to make.
My oldest son spent a few years in the south recently and jokingly says that the way to make Southern food is to add a stick a butter to everything.
Well, this recipe uses a stick of butter! So it’s definitely not health food. But obviously all that butter is part of what makes this roast so good. And then there are those pepperoncini peppers!
While they can be spicy on their own, when you cook them with a big roast, they just add fabulous flavor without really adding any heat.
You should be able to find pepperoncini peppers near the olives, pickles and jarred roasted peppers.
Technically, you’re not supposed to eat the pepperonicini peppers–they’re just there to add flavor–but don’t tell that to my boys. They love to eat them right alongside the beef.
My favorite thing about this version of Mississippi pot roast is that you use the pan juices to make a delicious gravy. Which means that a side of mashed potatoes is a must when serving this dish.
Along with the baby carrots that cook in the slow cooker with the roast, you end up with a feast that’s worthy of Sunday dinner, but easy enough to make any night of the week.
If you haven’t tried a Mississippi Pot Roast yet, I highly recommend it.
Like I said, there’s a reason it’s an Internet sensation. And this version is bound to become a family tradition!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast with Gravy recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast with Gravy
- Beef roast
- Ranch dressing mix
- Au Jus mix
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Baby carrots
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet Au Jus mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1 (2.5-3 lb.) beef roast
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place butter in bowl of slow cooker and set to low heat. When butter has melted, whisk in Ranch dressing mix, Au Jus mix and water.
- Add pepperoncini peppers and roast to the slow cooker. Arrange the carrots around the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until roast is tender and breaks apart easily.
- Remove roast to a platter, along with carrots, using a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
- Turn slow cooker to high. In small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 4 tablespoons of the cooking liquid from the slow cooker to make a slurry. Slowly whisk the cornstarch mixture back into the pan juices, adding only enough of the mixture so that the gravy reaches the desired thickness (you may not use all the slurry).
- Serve gravy alongside the roast and carrots.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1763mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Cozy Cook